DESCRIPTION DU POSTE À POURVOIR
WHAT WE OFFER
An exciting opportunity to dive in your career with a company that have the ambition to be the leader in its domain. We will give you the mean to make your contribution highly impactful.
YSOPIA Bioscience is a French clinical stage biotech company harnessing the potential of the gut microbiome. We develop groundbreaking biotherapies based on single-strain keystone bacteria, addressing indications with high unmet medical needs. Our most advanced development program, Yso1, is currently evaluating our drug-candidate Xla1 in a Phase 1 clinical trial on obesity and associated metabolic diseases. YSOPIA’s portfolio also includes three other innovative programs targeting inflammatory diseases and mood disorders.
YSOPIA is looking for an outstanding Senior Microbiologist with previous experience in translational research and team management.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of R&D, you will lead the Microbial Sciences group activities, such as bacterial isolation and collection curation, functional characterization, genome engineering, development of in vitro screening assays, lab scale bioproduction. You will work in close interaction both with our scientists and our drug development project managers. A deep technical background in microbiology is necessary to properly lead your team toward achievements.
In accordance with the Head of R&D, you will also be exposed to a wide range of internal activities in order to align R&D tasks with the company progression (pharmaceutical regulatory filing, scientific watch, intellectual property). The data generated will serve YSOPIA’s drug development programs and seed the future of its innovations.
The position is full-time based in Bordeaux area (France). You are motivated, rigorous, organized, autonomous and like teamwork. You will integrate a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic biotech developing a new class of therapeutics.
- Significant experience in biotechnologies R&D with excellent knowledge in microbiology. Private industry experience and/or postdoctoral training in translational research (>4 years) with relevant achievements
- Expertise in culture and characterization of micro-organisms
- Experience in a range of microbiological techniques and significant expertise in assay development.
- Staff activities management (engineer, technician, students)
- Scientific reporting (internal documentations & peer-reviewed journals)
- Project management.
Expected Skills and Knowledges
- Prioritize team workload effectively in agreement with the company timelines and make regular activity reporting
- Ability to propose, develop, and quickly apply new ideas
- Data analysis and Reporting (reports, publications)
- On-time delivery
- Capacity to manipulate bacterial genomes using targeted mutagenesis tools
- Knowledge of the gut microbiome and host-microbe interactions.
- Ability to prepare and maintain Lab QA documentation.
- Capacity to identify and deploy necessary resources (HR or equipment)
- Understanding of drug development regulatory framework.
- Commitment to company values and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
PhD in Microbiology or related discipline with excellent knowledge in microbiology.
Job starting date: June 2021
Location: Bordeaux, France