DESCRIPTION DU POSTE À POURVOIR
Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Propulsion Engineer
As propulsion architect, your role will be to develop a propulsive system, from the concept to the in-flight validation.
- Participate to the definition of the High Level Requirement of the propulsive system
- Defined and execute the development plan of the propulsive system, ( design, tests and qualification phases) in an incremental approach, in strong collaboration with the system engineers and the avionic engineers.
- Design of the propulsive sub-system, including tanks, thrusters, valves and piping
- Manage the trade off on propulsive system
- Develop institutionnal partnership with University or Laboratory in the propulsion field
- Support preparation and execution of internal and customer technical and project reviews
- 5 – 10 years experience in the fields mentioned above
- Working experience on propulsion for space application
- Excellent detailed technical communication skills in both directions to/from satellite and system engineering team across all disciplines
- Excellent technical and programmatic communication skills in both directions to/from customer representatives, and internal project management, procurement, project financial control, assembly integration & test departments
- Able to simplify and explain as appropriate to the audience with good and synthetic overviews
- Capacity to synthesis information
- Fluent in English, any other language is an asset