DESCRIPTION DU POSTE À POURVOIR
Division Materials and Structural Analysis (MSD)
How will you make an impact?
You will in charge of oversseing the implementation of in-person and digital customer-facing events at global level: provide guidance during the planning processes; manage/execute; event logistics, event budgets and all facets of the tactics/customer-facing events including outbound digital marketing communication to build traffic, displays, scientific programs, internal personnel training/scheduling, lead generation management and shipping logistics.
You will develop comprehensive customer journeys which are in alignment with our business strategy and highlight the key marketing messages. You will manage the entire flow of event tactics production through Workfront in order to effectively work together with other members of the Divisional Marketing team. You will provide on-site event support when necessary and assure that event targets are met and evaluate each program.
You will also be responsible for management of the MSD owned booth and event property. It will also be essential to closely work with the divisional events team to develop, help identify and manage additional event marketing projects which support our commitment to the customer experience, thought leadership, innovation, and demand generation across the division.
What will you do?
- Work with MSD BU Marketing Partners to ensure messages and marketing campaigns provided by product lines are effective.
- Develop, plan and oversee the delivery of effective in-person and digital customer facing events from start to finish (tradeshows, conferences, workshops, seminar series, road shows, customer receptions) to support annual marketing plan.
- Oversee the proactive coordination of delivery of programs with commercial channels to ensure effective implementation of defined plans.
- Understand exhibit house processes to ensure timely booth arrangements: Oversee the coordination of the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials (booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, furniture, services, etc.), management of the event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program.
- Work collaboratively with MSD BU Marketing Partners and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
- Develop and implement comprehensive, multiple tactical, customer journeys which are in alignment with our business strategy.
Work with the MSD Divisional Marketing teams to create engaging and innovated customer engagements, and digital experience within the event
- Oversee management of budget expenses and communication of budget status on a regular basis. Ensures timely and accurate management of invoices, including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter.
- Oversee the execution and conduct of post event analysis -- Ensures cost-effective event implementation, high quality, post-event assessment.
- Ensure leads are processed efficiently and delivered to assigned MSD business unit sales force in line with business unit CRM tool.
- Support the team to develop and roll-out Standard Operation Procedures
- Coordinate as required with other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions to improve benefit to company brands and products.
How will you get here?
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience with event and/or project management.
- Certified Trade Show Management (CTSM) and/or Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) certification preferred
5+ years of Marketing Communications and/or Project/event management experience in a business-to-business environment, preferably in Life science with an international scope.
- Scientific capital equipment experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, flexibility and willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Experience in delivering digital and virtual events and conferences
- Creative mindset and can-do attitude
- Strong digital marketing acumen
- Extensive experience in leading digital 3rd party and proprietary events
- Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence others in a matrixed environment to reach agreement and gain support for strategies/tactics; strong customer orientation
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of salesforce.com and/or CRM Dynamics is a plus
- Experience with budget management and financial tracking
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically and internationally with valid passport
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.